Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Here's Me ...

So I've been a fan of sending snail mail and cutesy little cards for as long as I can remember. I've got a huge storage container filled with store bought cards that I've purchased, just so I would always have some on hand, 'if I needed one'. I decided to give card making a try because it adds that special little touch and I like that it can be personalized. I'm just learning still and still have oodles of supplies I would love to buy but I'm going to give it a try. I can already see how much I have progressed since I started - must say I'm almost a little embarrassed by some of my first attempts. Up until recently, I've really shied away from images on my cards because I just wasn't sure how to get them coloured properly. I'm sure I'm not doing it perfectly and I don't own any Copics but I am slowly embracing the transition. One of the things I would like to consider a speciality is personalized picture cards, which I'm hoping to post some pictures of later. I'm also not one of those people who really pays attention to what supplies they are using, although I am working on getting better. All just a matter of time (or at least that's what I keep telling myself)!


Here's the first card of what I hope to be many. A friend of mine who worked here for a little while and then headed back to Australia recently had a little run of bad luck and fractured his leg in 2 places and dislocated his ankle. He's laid up for a while and he's already going crazy, so I thought I would send him a cute little card (and a care package) once I get around to it.


















Supplies:
C.C. Designs Presents Cookie Crumbs Get Well Critters Stamps
Pebbles Candy Dots White
May Arts Textures & Two Tones Brown/Antique Gold 5/8"
Pattern paper and brown cardstock
Card base (something I picked up at Zellers of all places a couple months ago)
Ink: Versamagic Dew Drop: Niagara Mist
All supplies unless noted are from
http://www.allthatscraps.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment