Friday, September 3, 2010

Happy birthday Momma!

I needed a birthday card for my mom (who's birthday is on Tuesday) and I needed to get it in the mail ASAP - although with the holiday on Monday, I doubt the card will make it there on time ... it's the thought that counts though, right? I took the layout from the congratulations card I had made earlier and used a stamp from one of my many Stampin Up sets (need to put a catalogue beside me ... or at least have a notebook to write down the supplies I use!!) My mom loves fall colours and I thought this card has the perfect mix of the oranges, browns, and reds that really come alive this time of year. Everything is from my scrap box - gosh I love that box!! I've got a couple of cards that I need to crank out this week-end, so hopefully it doesn't let me down!!

I dropped off the baby present that had the picture card from this post: http://myinkaddiction.blogspot.com/2010/08/something-old-something-new.html and the card was a HUGE hit! The grandma, who I work with, usually doesn't have much to say but she was over the moon about the card and how it's definitely something they will put in a baby book and save! So that made me feel great!!

Definitely hoping to get some crafting time in this long week-end but lots of other stuff on the agenda as well ... gardening and painting and window washing ... oh my! And laundry! And more laundry!! For only having two people in this house, we sure seem to have a lot of dirty laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment